Six months and 1 day until I’m no longer in my thirties. Oh. Dear. GOD. How did this happen?! WHY OH WHY OH WHY has time started to speed up? Arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.
So I was driving home from work today, wondering what the date was before realising it was nearly the 13th, and oh, let me work out how many months it is until the big four-oh? Eight, it must be, surely? What month’s this again? Oh bollocks…. Six months to go. FFS. I remember thinking on my last birthday that I had a year to sort my shit out, and 6 bleeding months have zoomed by, and I’ve not exactly sorted my shit out. DAMMIT.
I feel like one of those ditzy horror film girls that is trying to outrun her machete-wielding attacker. Of course she always has massive knockers (got those!), blond hair (hmm, I did once) and a 12″ waist (yeah okay, bugger off….) and a look of unbridled terror (check!). You know she’s gonna get it, especially since she’s inevitably going to fall over a tree branch and get dragged off by the ankles to her blood-soaked doom. Christ, I even tripped up a kerb myself last weekend and went flying. At least a serial killer wasn’t in pursuit. Small mercies, eh?
So, having finished off sorting out my flat (which is still more spacious and tidy – I’ve not reverted to type, hurrah!), I’d started planning in some goals for the year. I drift about aimlessly (read: sit on the couch and expand) if I don’t set some clear goals, I’d already planned in two 10K races (Oct. and Dec.) but I’ve added another one in August, so training plan for that starts at the end of June. Need to lose some timber before I start running in earnest too. I’ve got a big weight loss goal, but I’m not putting that up here. I want to focus on other stuff in terms of this blog (at the moment). So here’s what I’ve got so far:
1. Complete the Million Step Challenge for 2015. This starts next Monday, and it is basically walking 10K steps a day for 100 days. I did this last year and achieved the target, so going to do it again.
2. Exercise 3 times a week (over and above steps of course)
3. Deadlift 100kg by the end of the year. Actually I know I can definitely lift more in time, but I’m setting this as my initial goal. I got to 80Kg last year, and know I can get to 100kg. Ultimately I want to get to 1.5 x bodyweight, so feck me I best lose some first or my arms might snap off, and my glutes will implode.
4. Do 10 Parkruns by the end of the year. I NEVER make it to Parkrun, but it’s a great thing to do, so thanks to BriTriSki for this goal!
5. Run a sub-60 10K. This is slow for lots of folk, but I’m an utter sloth when it comes to running, and would be a big PB, so I’m hoping by the Christmas 10K on 13th Dec. I can achieve this. Might as well push the boat out, goal wise. I think my 10K PB is 1:08, and that was a few years ago!
6. Walk and/or cycle to work as much as possible. I shouldn’t really be driving, to be fair, so when I don’t need to go straight into town/gym after work, I can cycle or walk in.
So that’s it so far. Plenty to be getting on with. My weight goal is pretty big, but bugger it, it can be done. I’m already getting back into the Fitter Food way of eating, which I’ve mentioned before. It’s essentially Paleo, but also so much more about general health and well-being, including moving more generally, sleep, stress management etc. etc. I felt sooooooo good when I was properly on it last year, I know it works for me, so that’s what I’m doing. I’m also getting my cholesterol checked. I’ve not done that for a few years, and I know it went down when I lost weight before, so I want a starting benchmark.
I shall report back on progress made in a couple of weeks 🙂
All hand on deck now!
4 thoughts on “Action Stations”
Good luck with the challenges. Thirty is no biggie. Forty is a right bastard though😉
Noooooooooooooo! Hahahaha. Thanks! X
Yay, best of luck. (and 40 is the new 30 anyway)
Thanks love. I hope you’re right! haha x
Comments are closed.